Terms and Conditions
Plein Air Tuscany Workshop Retreat
1. Plein Air Tuscany (workshop retreat with tuition, accommodation and meals) is offered by Timothy McGuire (TM) to the Client. Airfare and travel expenses are not included.
2. Terms of Booking
To reserve a spot in Plein Air Tuscany, the Client should complete the booking registration online. Full payment is required to ensure registration. On receiving the required amount, TM will send a confirmation email to the client - this is a formal acceptance of the booking and represents an agreement by both parties to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
A non-refundable deposit of $1000 will be retained in the event of cancellation by the Client up to 12 weeks before the start date.
For cancellations made 12- 8 weeks before the retreat start date a 50% refund will be issued.
For cancellations made less than 8 weeks before the retreat start date, there is no guarantee of a refund.
3. If for any reason the workshop or retreat is cancelled by TM, the full payment, including deposit, will be 100% reimbursed immediately. Only workshop and retreat fees will be refunded. Refunds will not be given for the cost of travel or other third party costs. (Trip insurance is required).
4. If TM has to withdraw due to illness, incapacity, or other mitigating circumstances, students will be notified and a suitable substitute course instructor will be provided. If a reasonable substitute course instructor can not be found, or the Client does not wish to participate under the tutelage of said substitute, the full payment, including deposit, will be 100% refunded to the Client.
5. The Client is required to arrange comprehensive travel insurance, including trip cancellation and liability cover, full cover for their (or their party’s) personal belongings, accident and emergency cover, etc.
6. Any chargeable expenses (not covered by the Client's travel insurance) arising during the workshop/retreat period (e.g. telephone calls, shopping, extra trips requested, purchase of additional art materials or artwork, medical or hospital appointments, prescriptions and medications etc.) shall be settled with TM before departure.
7. Clients shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property, and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition as they were found at the start of the workshop period. Any damage to the property resulting from the Client’s negligence will be charged to the Client by TM.
8. TM shall not be liable to the Client for:
Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the location of the retreat/workshop, nor in the respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property or garden.i.
Any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond TM's control.
Any accident, damage, loss or inconvenience the Client or any member of the Client’s party may suffer arising out of, or in connection with, the retreat/workshop or resulting from any cause whatsoever.
The use of amenities and equipment, where offered, such as barbecues, swimming pool, etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to persons or property.
No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any motor vehicle or trailer belonging to or rented by the Client, or for loss of or damage to its contents.
Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk at all times.
9. The Client shall accept responsibility for the safety of their person and all members of their party at all times. TM takes no responsibility for the safety of guests.
10. Under no circumstances shall TM's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to TM for the retreat/workshop.
11. It is with regret that TM is unable to fully accommodate guests with wheelchairs or those who require the use of lifts due to the nature of the retreat and workshop location.
12. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is not permitted inside the accommodation.
13. Pick up and drop off for art retreat/workshop with TM: complimentary transfers are offered on the first and last days of the art retreat/workshop. These transfers are between Rome FCO Fiumicino"Leonardo da Vinci" Airport, Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport and Il Pornelleto Agriturismo only. Clients arriving or departing outside of the designated pick-up times or locations are responsible for their own transportation. TM can assist with the arranging of private transfers at extra cost.
This contract shall be governed by U.S. law in every particular including information and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in the United States. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in The U.S.